Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why I'm grateful for my Husband

There are so many reasons why I am grateful for my husband, I just would like to write down a few that pertain to my life right now.

1. I told Brandon a little while back that one of my ambitions is to be a photographer. I know I am a rookie, but Brandon has supported me all the way. He has helped me purchase our first SLR camera. He is always giving me feedback and lifting my esteem on images that I take and show him; And even today he let me use him as a model so I can work on figuring out my camera's manual setting better.

2. Brandon has unconditional love that is so amazing, most people don't even know! He loves me for my flaws, my weaknesses and he tries to build me up and help me face my fears. Not only will he help me to acknowledge my wrongs, and help me strive to be better, but he'll be by my side the whole time holding my hand.

3. He is patient with me, even though I am not a patient person. Brandon has found out that when I want something, and I put my heart and soul into it, I want it now. Lucky enough for him, he is able to tease me about, but at the same time help me be realistic with our goals and dreams.

4. He is giving. I love to give and to help others. I am lucky enough to have a husband that loves to give as well! He is always worried about my needs and comforts, giving me foot rubs or back massages, cleaning the house when I am being lazy, but the best thing, is he loves to give to family and friends. He is constantly worrying about family and friends, and I know that a lot of them don't know. They are constantly in our prayers.

5. Brandon is a worthy priesthood holder with a strong firm testimony of our Savior. I am grateful Brandon keeps his commandments and is a worthy priesthood holder. It is such a blessing to be able to go to my husband and ask for a blessing of comfort, or of healing. Coming from a family that didn't have the priesthood for very long in her life growing up, I am grateful to have a husband that can hold it so worthily.

6. Brandon has a sense of humor. My husband is very random, and has a great sense of humor. I remember when we were watching Legacy for the first time and there is a scene where the Eliza asks David "Promise to make me laugh?" and David replies "Everyday." After that part I looked at Brandon and made him promise me that he'd do the same and he hasn't broken it yet!

7. My sweet husband is a hard worker and I am so proud of everything he does. Brandon loves to work and to support for our family. He loves putting his checks towards paying off bills so that we can someday work towards becoming parents. Brandon's hard work has finally paid off with his recent promotion and I know it won't be the last.

Like I said earlier there are so many reasons how I appreciate the love of my life. The best phrase that comes to mind is " I have all I've waited for...and I could not ask for more!"

I love you Brandon!



1 comment:

Jill said...

Yeah... he's alright. ;) We sure like both of you. Have a grand time in Mexico Brandon!