Friday, January 15, 2010

One of the reason's why I miss my Y.W. president!

Many years ago when I was still in Y.W.'s I had the most wonderful Y.W. President. She is full of patience, love, kindness, etc etc. She has always been an amazing seamstress, and I always begged her to make me a quilt. But to my sadness, she would not make one for me. However when I was around 16 or 17, she said she would help make a quilt. I decided I'd make a star quilt, so I purchased all the fabric, washed and cut it all and started to make the pieces. Winnifred helped me with every step along the way, including having me piece together about 5 squares.

Well I moved to Arizona, and the quilt pieces picked up dust in Winnifreds corner...About a year later I moved back and decided I needed to work on it again...Well I had forgotten how long it took to do one piece (have I mentioned I'm not very patient?). So I made another block, and then got busy again. Shortly thereafter I met Brandon and definately ran out of time for the quilt. We got engaged, and married a few months later. I was really hoping she'd be able to come to our sealing in May, but she was going to go work on the Panama temple that weekend. But she had a surprise for me. Winnifred had slowly been working on the pieces and had been finishing blocks for me!

About a year or so later, it's done! Look how beautiful it turned out!
So the point? Thank you Winnifred so much for sharing your talents with me! I promise the next time I do a quilt it will be more simple, and I'll finish it!

7 comments:

Winn said...

I love you, Tenille. Every time you snuggle up in that quilt, remember what a wonderful daughter of God you are and how much I love you. You are worth every minute. May your life be full of warm memories.

Jan said...

Wow! I haven't seen it all laid out like that!

Jill said...

Awesome! Now if only it had sleeves for you to put your arms in...next time Tenille. ;)

Jenn said...

Winnifred is so awesome!

emilee said...

Aww, awesome. I love Winnifred!

Peggy said...

I love it! The fabrics you picked out are so pretty! Winnifred is pretty darn awesome.

Schiess family said...

Love the quilt Tennille! That's a sweet story. Enjoy your beautiful quilt!