Thursday, July 29, 2010

Healthy Choices

Last week I had one of my monthly doctors appointments. We went in like any other time, and the doctor starts talking about my weight. (YIKES!) He told me that I've gained quite a bit of weight, and that I should watch my portions and exercise more. To say the least, I took it hard! (What woman wouldn't?!) The next morning I told Brandon I wanted to change a few habits (some were just for me, some he couldn't avoid). Here are the changes we made last week:

*No Soda (This is mostly for me, but he has joined along as well. Granted he did drink some rootbeer last night, but reassured me that it was very flat, so it didn't count. Haha)
*Eating Dinner before 8 PM (The first few days it was hard, but I started to realize how much better I was feeling! It is harder than I thought since it's light till 9:30!)
*More Walking (Quite hard when your ankles are the size of baseballs, sorry for those that have noticed!)
*Switching from 2% Milk to 1% (Gasp! Brandon was a little hesitant on this one, but I told him he wouldn't be able to tell to much.)
I know that they aren't a lot of changes, but I feel small and steady wins the race. :) I'm hoping in doing these things it will balance our diets a bit more (and my weight!)
Today Brandon was talking to his co-worker about his weight loss goals and asking him for advance on what changes to make. Guess what he said...First and foremost eat dinner before 8 PM (I'm a genius), and switch to 1% or skim milk (Again!). I was a little surprised when Brandon told me this, because I am not a healthy person, (chocolate is definately a weakness, and Jill's cupcakes...YUM) but I think we're starting to make good changes for us.
P.S. Can you believe it's almost August!? WOW has time flown by!

2 comments:

Jill said...

My cupcakes are a weekness? ha ha! Well I'm certainly glad you liked them! :) Good job on being healthy. You let me know when you want to go for a walk. I'm game ANYTIME! PS...I think you look great!

Katie said...

Wow, I wouldn't have thought weight gain would be such a concern during pregnancy. I'm really surprised because my sister-in-law gained alot of weight with her baby, and I don't think they mentioned any of that stuff to her. Hmmm.