Friday, April 13, 2012

Mountains to Climb

The past few weeks have definitely been some of the most trying in my life. I was able to read Pres. Henry B. Eyring's talk from this April General Conference called 'Mountains to Climb', and I know that our family may be going through some trials, but Heavenly Father has not forgotten about us. One of the key words that hit me was when Pres. Eyring said "If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing."

He also referenced a comforting scripture, that I know is true. "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." Ether 12:6

I am grateful for a living prophet and his disciples. I am grateful for their powerful, comforting words. I am especially grateful for the knowledge that I know my Heavenly Father lives, and his Son, Jesus Christ lives, and died for me, so that I may be able to return to him, and have an eternal family.

I am grateful for my husband, with his strong faith, and knowledge of the gospel. I am also grateful for our son, he is true happiness and light.







1 comment:

Janeal said...

(That's a cute picture of the three of you. Connor certainly is growing up!)
That is one of my favorite scriptures, and certainly true! I love your little family and am praying for you!