Monday, September 8, 2008

For a Monday, it's been a pretty good day!

Like most people I dread Monday's! Luckily today has been quite an amazing day! :) For example, their was a co-worker that I helped get insurance a few months ago. It was a 'rush' deal because his sons were about to start football camp for BYU. Once I found that out we started talking and he offered to give Brandon and I tickets for a game or two. Last week I found out that this specific guy was no longer working at this company so I was slightly down because that meant we wouldn't get tickets. Today during lunch I received a call from my desk from this guy! He is having Brandon and I meet him and his family on Saturday, so now Brandon and I get to go to the BYU vs UCLA game! The best part about it is that we'll be celebrating Brandon's birthday this whole weekend so this just adds to the excitement!

On Friday I'm planning something for Brandon's party. So far all I've got is everyone meeting up at Jack and Jill's Bowling in American Fork, UT at 6:30 pm. There we can bowl, eat food and I'll bring a cake for my sweethearts 23 birthday! Granted his birthday isn't until the 16th but that's a Tuesday. I'm so excited to give him the gifts I got! I actually would like to get a few more so we'll see how that goes within the next few days :)

So last night we went to an amazing fireside at the Mariott Center in Provo. Elder Holland spoke on trials and how we are never truely alone. His words were truly inspirational and they touched my heart. Tonight Brandon and I will make some goals to start doing the things we have 'planned' on doing but just don't get around to. No more procrastination!

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Cougar Doug said...

It's great to read about the events in your life, especially given that we are so far away and miss so much of it. I hope you enjoyed the UCLA game (I'm confident you did!) and that the rest of your Mondays are as nice as this one. Cheers from Hong Kong, Doug