Wednesday, October 13, 2010

September 27, 2010

Connor is here. I cannot express the wonderful spirit he has brought into our lives. But I can write down the story of how he got here. It was kind of a weeks’ worth of events that led to his birth, so I’ll write down what happened within that time.

[It is taking me longer to write down the story, due to the fact that I don't have a lot of time! But I'll post those eventful days as soon as possible :)]

Monday (September 27, 2010) – Every Monday for the last month of the pregnancy I had a doctor’s appointment. They just check over everything and see how far you are to going into labor. Well this Monday I went into the doctors and my blood pressure was a little high, still technically ok, but it was borderline high. Also my ankles/feet had been swollen (for months), but they had started to get worse and worse. My doctor told me to come in later in the week (suggesting Friday) to get my blood pressure checked again to make sure I wasn’t getting preeclampsia. On a brighter note, I was dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced. That night I also got a head cold. (lovely).

No comments: