Wednesday, October 13, 2010

September 28, 2010

Tuesday (September 28, 2010) – Monday night going into Tuesday I did not get very much sleep due to me getting sick, and contractions. I went into work and about half way through the day I had a LPN co-worker tell me that I didn’t look to well. I obviously wasn’t feeling too well due to me being nine months pregnant and sick with a cold, but I asked why she brought it up. She said I looked super swollen and asked if she could check my blood pressure to make sure I was ok. About a hour later she came in and checked my blood pressure, sure enough it was HIGH (144/100). She told me that I should either call my doctor immediately or go to the hospital, since I only had about a hour left of work I decided I’d call my doctor and see what they said. We set up an appt. for about 1 PM and I finished my day of work and off I was to the doctors. Brandon and I met up at my doctors’ office, and they checked my blood pressure, sure enough it had gone down. (ugh). So we went in the back to meet with our doctor. After he checked me and everything was the same from the day before he told me I had two options. They could either do a 24 urine test – where I’d have to collect my urine for 24 hours and then bring it back in for them, or I could go to the hospital and they could check my blood pressure every 10 minutes for an hour or two and run some blood tests. He asked which option we would prefer (duh the hospital), but I turned it back on him and asked which one he would prefer us doing. I was surprised when he told us that we should go to the hospital and that he’d call them to let them know we were on the way. In my head I was thinking ‘Finally we’re going to the hospital!’ but at the same time I had to tell myself they could send us home at anytime. So we went to labor and delivery, where they put me in this HUGE room and got all these lovely computers attached to me. Brandon and I waited there while they ran all these tests for about an hour and half when the attending nurse came back telling us everything looked good. (So close!). They told me to go home and relax, and that they would probably see me soon, but that if I had any other symptoms of preeclampsia that I should come back in (blurry vision, headaches/migraines, more high blood pressure, etc).

No comments: