Tuesday, November 2, 2010

September 29, 2010

Thursday (September 30, 2010) – At 1:30 AM I started to push my little heart out! (Did I mention attempting to push a child out when you have a head cold is not very fun?) Anyway, I pushed for about an hour and a half to two hours, when they decided to have me ‘rest’. They told me I would only rest for a half n’ hour and we’d be back to work, but little did I know they didn’t come back for an hour and a half! (Apparently they were understaffed with nurses and doctors that night). After my ‘resting’ time, (which I still pushed by myself during that time), we started to push again. Just after 5:20 (guessing on times) they told me he was crowning and about to get here…Everything went so fast after that…They started to fix the whole room, and get things ready, and within a few minutes they told me to push again. I kept pushing and pushing, Brandon and the doctor kept reassuring me he was almost there, and then sure enough – push push push…BLACK OUT. Yup, I passed out at the last minute and the next thing I hear is Brandon saying ‘he’s here!” (Apparently I found out I had an episiotomy and I lost quite a bit of blood – hence the passing out). The time after that was so surreal. Our son was here…A beautiful healthy 7 lb 4 oz – 19 inches long Connor had made it here. Did I mention I was surprised he looked like me instead of Brandon!? Huge shock! The first time I got to hold him I talked to him and sure enough he smiled at me and I knew everything was going to be ok.


I love our little family, and can’t wait to share the stories of our new adventures!





3 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

isn't it amazing how they just melt your heart (especially after all of that work)! Congratulations! He is adorable.

Janeal said...

He's beautiful, Tenille! I'm glad you posted your birth story. Someday Connor will want to read it!

Peggy said...

He is so, so, SO beautiful and perfect!! Congratulations!!