Saturday, December 4, 2010

Blessing Day

November 5, 2010 Brandon blessed our little guy. I wish I could remember everything he said, but I know that he described our son wonderfully and I'm excited for Connor to continue to grow and develop!

I'm so grateful for all of our friends and family that came to support us. I'm grateful for worthy priesthood holders to participate in our families life. I am also grateful I got to bear my testimony to my inactive Mother and her boyfriend (Jay) who is not a member of the church. The whole meeting I sat next to them battling with myself. I hate speaking in front of large groups of people...yet I couldn't ignore the feelings of gratitude and love the Savior had blessed me with, plus I know my Mom and Jay needed to hear what I had to say. I honestly don't know what I said, or if I even made sense. I do know I cried like a baby, and I felt the spirit.

After the blessing we packed up tons of food and headed to Brandon's office. His work was able to let us use one of their conference rooms for the luncheon, so we were able to have a successful and delicious lunch!


2 comments:

Jenn said...

That is so awesome that you bore your testimony in front of all of those people. I don't think I could have done that. :)

Katie K said...

It was November 7th. :) you are braver than me. I didn't bare my testimony but the church is true!