Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Worry

Do you ever just worry what other people think of you?


I have a horrible problem with this. I am constantly over analyzing things, worrying what others will think about what I do or say, and basically just making myself unhappy. I have a tendency to want to make others happy, and in doing so I sometimes think I loose sight of how to make myself happy.

I love taking pictures. I am not the most talented photographer (by all means I admire so many of my friends and others who do photography), but a part of me does think I have a little talent in taking pictures. For a few years Brandon and I have thought of the idea of me making photography a business. I have been very hesitant (and I still am), I am worried if people would really trust me to capture those precious moments...I worry if they will like my work or if I will get sick of the process...So many worries, thoughts just holding me back.


What I truely need to think is, I love, love...LOVE taking pictures. I love the way it makes me feel like I can be creative. I love going through the images to edit them and realizing "wow I took that!" I shouldn't think what people may say or think, all I should think is the happiness it brings to me and the others it may bless.
I was blessed to take a few pictures of baby Livi. Isn't she beautiful?

4 comments:

jcook said...

oh how I love love love my little Olivia. Thank you for coming over and taking some pictures for us.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I completely agree, photography is about expressing creativity. You should do it to make you happy and not worry about what anyone thinks. I understand it is hard to put yourself out there but, just remember WHY you take photographs. Keep up the good work! :)

Jenn said...

I suffer from the same thing... I'm worried about what people might think. But, then I remember there will always be haters no matter how amazing you are. Every famous person has a fan club and a haters club, you can't win 'em all. So, I just try to remember to be who I am, and do what I love. I think you should go for the photography business! Do what makes you happy! The only way you'd really fail is if you didn't try. :)