Monday, February 28, 2011

Opportunity

Like most families the economy has been hard for everyone. Brandon and I have been able to deal with lots of big changes (me losing a job, finding another one that's less hours and less pay, and also having a baby). Throughout it all our Heavenly Father has been with us every step of the way. Even though I work less and don't make as much as I used to we were still getting by. Now having Connor our expenses have gone up, we have been able to consolidate quite a bit and work off a lot of our debt to get ready for these new expenses but it's still tight.

Recently a full time position opened up at my company. I was hesitant to apply because I love being part time and able to still help out with expenses, but I still get to be with Connor in the afternoon. After thinking about it for quite a bit I applied. I know an employee or two that the company works with their schedules so I thought "why not?, if I don't apply it's already a no." I had my interview and everything went well. They told me I did a great job, but they had already interviewed quite a few people, so I would have to wait and hear back from them. I felt confident and excited, but knew I had done all I could do it was in the Lords hands now.

This morning I heard back that I didn't get the position. My feelings are honestly torn. I am disappointed that I won't be able to relieve some of the stress of our expenses. Yet I am slightly happy that I still have my afternoons with my sweet boy. Currently I'm more disappointed, but I know Heavenly Father is watching over our little family and he'll guide us where we need to be.

Maybe I'm supposed to focus on my photography? I would really love that! I had a wonderful maternity shoot this weekend with a great couple! It's one of Brandon's old roommates and his beautiful wife! She is 37 weeks pregnant and looks fantastic, seriously! I am so excited for them and their little boy to arrive!

If you know anyone that may be interested in having new pictures done I would love to do it! Check out my photography blog here or click on the link to the right.

I hope everyone has a great week, and lets hope the warm weather comes and stays soon! I'm getting sick of this cold dreary weather!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I checked with Tearsa again to see if we'd be hiring for at-home workers soon, she said to check back in April. So if you're still interested, I can refresh her memory of you in April. :)

Janeal said...

You should totally focus on your photography business! You have natural talent at that.
There's a class at the PG library that teaches how to lower your grocery bills substantially (it claims like 80%)... want to go to it with me?

Tenille Holyoak said...

Jenn - I would be very interested in April! Thank you so much for helping, you truly are the best :)

Janeal - Thanks! And that sounds fun, when's the class?