Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Decisions decisions decisions...

I hate…hate making decisions. I have a bad habit about worrying what others think about me too much, so I tend to go with the flow a lot. Recently I’ve been wanting to color my hair. Since a bit before I met Brandon I colored my hair dark dark dark brown. I loved it, it made my skin and eyes pop and I felt like I stood out for once. Problem is when it’s summer time my hair tends to get golden/reddish highlights naturally. My highlights aren’t a bad thing, it’s just when I’m paying for it to be darker for a long period of time. So long story short, I’ve been thinking about changing up the color. Last time I did that I didn’t really like it though (I tried adding blonde highlights in it for a short period of time and didn’t appreciate it too much). I think my biggest problem is I want a change and tend to just go get it done as soon as possible and doesn’t turn out the way I’d like. Basically…I’m not patient. Now I’m trying to look around and make a sure decision on what I should do and be confident. Below are a few pictures of ideas I’m looking at or that have been suggested to me.
This is Brandon and I a few months after we were married. Dark dark brown. Such a pretty color.

This is the color Jenn suggested. I love it, I really do...I'm just afraid it would look super unnatural and I wouldn't be able to pull it off.


So then I started looking again today. I though Kristen Stewart has super pale skin, maybe I could pull off one of her colors. So it's kind of dark with a bit of highlighting, very pretty, not too bold.


Another Kristen Stewart picture, more highlights, bit more auburn. I actually asked the Cosmetology director at my school her opinion and this is what she suggested. Well she told me auburn with caramel highlights and this is what I pictured in my mind. Maybe I'm off, but I still thought it was cute. (Once again I've turned timid! I don't know if I could pull this off either)


So there you go, what are your opinions?

2 comments:

Camilla said...

It sounds like you really love the top, so you should do it again, but maybe with a combo of what else you like. Dye it dark brown, but with the highlights like the first picture of the twilight girl- except a little more auburn highlights rather than caramel. ;)

Jenn said...

Yes! I'm all for combining ideas! But of course I'd vote for a combo including my own suggestion. :D The dark dark brown with the red-auburn highlights could look way cute, especially in the sun! And it also wouldn't be a complete commitment to red if you're unsure about it.
But if I may... you look good wearing the color red, and corals, so I don't think red hair would look bad at all.