Sunday, October 2, 2011

We've had a birthday shout Hooray!

Connor turned 1 on Friday!
His birthday gift to Brandon was to stand on his own! Wahoo, big boy! {Connor did this for me a week ago and I never go proof}

We love him so much and it has been such a journey for the past year. Connor continuously teaches me patience, and I never knew I could love someone so fast as I did when I met him.

He's learning new things each day, and we love watching him grow and learn. I think one of our favorites is his love of music. He'll sit and watch Music and the Spoken Word with us, or his favorite, Tangled. {He may have a thing for blondes}

For his birthday we had a little tailgating party with Brandon's side, and he got to eat his own chocolate cake.

We quickly cleaned him up and then walked down to the stadium for the game. It was quite nerve wracking game. Connor finally became a little comfortable in the end. He'd throw his arms in the air, kick his legs and go "YAA!" It was a huge relief that we won in the last 15 seconds. :)

It was a beautiful day. I still can't believe it's been a year, but time has just flown since he's joined our family. Connor keeps us on our toes, and I'm sure that'll happen more-so when he starts walking.

He has his 12 month appointment Tuesday, so we'll get all of his lovely stats, and not so lovely shots.

It was a great, simple day. We love our blue eyed boy more than anything and can't wait to see the new things he'll learn.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe a year has gone by as well, but Happy Birthday Connor!

Janeal said...

I totally thought about him on Friday! I can't get over those blue eyes.