Wednesday, December 19, 2012

15 Weeks

I am officially 15 weeks today on this second pregnancy. 

Did you ever think growing up that there are really so many complications with pregnancy? I know I sure didn't. I remember growing up thinking I'd meet a great guy, fall in love get married and we'd start a family. You never really hear about all the scary things that can happen during the pregnancy. 

This pregnancy has been a little bit harder on me than Connor was. With him I didn't really have complications until I went preeclamptic, which caused an early delivery, but everything turned out fine. This baby however has made me bleed twice {sorry if that's TMI}. Once at 9 weeks, and then another time at 14 weeks, on the dot. At 9 weeks we found out everything was fine, no issues...However at 14 weeks we found out that I have a low lying placenta. The doctor was really nice and said the majority of woman that have this issue early on it goes away {as the belly and baby get bigger, the placenta will rise up}. I'm constantly praying that will happen, because if it doesn't, and it does eventually cover my whole cervix I'll have to have a c-section. 

Now the c-section doesn't scare me. Recovery with a rowdy boy does. Connor loves to run, jump and climb on me, and I just worry that it would be really hard for him to understand. But we're having a lot of faith that things will change. I've seen my Heavenly Father's hand throughout this pregnancy already, and I know he'll continue to watch and protect our family. 

Good news is we find out January 17th. Mark your calendars and let me know your guesses! {We do have a regular check up December 26th, to check on heartbeat and things too}

1 comment:

Kristy Nunley said...

I'm sorry for your pregnancy complications! I hope everything else goes smoothly for you!