Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Hobby

So one of my resolutions this year was to become a better homemaker. I'm pretty sure that's a life long goal, but I'm still working on it! I've actually discovered a new hobby that I love, and may have become slightly obsessed with.

Quilts.


These are the first two quilts I've done, and I love them. It was kind of hard to give them away, but it makes me so much happier to see them being used by the angels they were made for!

My current project is for my Connor, his blankie already has a hole in it, and we want to semi preserve it for his keeping before it's completely trashed. I've decided his quilt will be the Chevron or zig zag quilt. The zig zag will be colored navy blue, a darker green and grey, and inbetween it will be white. I'm excited and will definitely be posting more as I go!

Brandon has been extremely supportive as I've been working on these quilts. I'm pretty sure the support will only last for so long, because he is already asking me to make one for us. Lets be honest...there's a slight difference in making one for a baby/toddler, than for a queen sized bed...plus we won't mention the price. 

It's weird when I get excited to go look at fabric though, never thought that would happen. Then I even love ironing and cutting the fabric into nice sections for me to sew together. Weird, I know. But I love it still!


2 comments:

Winn said...

Yeah, I get liking to iron and cut and sew. I know of a lady who loves looking at the fabric through the bag as she is driving home from buying it. One day a cop pulled her over for suspected DUI. When he found out that it was fabric that was distracting her, he made her put it in the trunk before she could drive away! Don't try this!

Janeal said...

Those look SO GOOD. I've only ever completed one quilt, so I need to take some motivation from you!