Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Planner

Ever since I can remember I have been a planner. I like to be organized, keep lists, and know what plans are so everyone is on the same page. Call me crazy, but I think it's nice.

Recently I've been reminded that we can't always plan out our lives. Trials happen, and you have to prepare and hopefully learn from the trial at hand. I'm not always the best with change since I'm a planner, and I think Heavenly Father is trying to remind me that my life, and my families life is in his hands...Definitely a humbling feeling, to say the least. But it's comforting to know that my Father is watching over me.

I've been reading a lot more Conference talks, and Ensign talks than normal, which again is probably good. As I've been reading the comforting words of our Prophet and Apostles, I've come across a scripture in a new light....again. So basically I've told Brandon that this scripture is our theme, and has been our theme for the past few years.

1 Nephi 3: 7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men, save he shall cprepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

 Brandon was a little unsure of going back to school last year and how we would pay for it all, but I had come upon that scripture and told him, Heavenly Father wants you to get your education, and if he wants that, he will provide a way for us to accomplish it. At the time I was trying to get a stay at home night position that would be able to help us pay off debt, save and help to pay for Brandon's schooling. I had found out about this great position through a wonderful friend (I'm still in debted to you Jenn!).Through much prayer and the great reference from Jenn, Heavenly Father blessed me with the opportunity of this job. I've never been great at reading scriptures and bringing them into my life's situations, but this was one of these situations.

Now a year later, as Brandon is searching for a job, I have come across this scripture. I have a personal knowledge that Heavenly Father is wanting Brandon and I to go over our priorities and goals, and that truly, him loosing his job will be a blessing in disguise. He has given us commandments, and we need to not set them aside for when we're ready. He has given us our time hear on earth to obey his commandments, and we should not waste that time.

It's definitely hard being patient though, especially since I like to plan... It's scary not knowing how things will be okay. I know through our faith, that he will not forget us.

**On a good note, Brandon has a third interview with a company today via phone this afternoon AND he has a job interview tomorrow afternoon from a lead his cousin found out, so thank you James (and Logan, who told James about the position.**


No comments: