Monday, July 29, 2013

Taking it easy, but noticing changes.

Last Friday I started a work out at home. I was feeling a bit better, but not ready to run. So here's the circuits I did. (I'm not sure of the specific names, so this is how I describe them). 

20 crunches
20 crossover crunches per leg 
20 straight leg crunches
15 leg lifts per leg
15 inner leg lifts
30 second butterfly stretch
20 calf raises
15 squats

3 reps (I might do these on my off running days)

My thighs were burning for the rest of the day though. So that was good. 

Saturday I went to the gym and started on the elliptical thinking I'd go easy on my knees. Me not thinking I thought it'd be fun to do a 30 minute incline training exercise. Holy cow! I only made it in 13 minutes before deciding I needed to change to the treadmill. I definitely prefer the treadmill over elliptical.

Anyway, today I went in bright and early (6:45) and went straight to the treadmill. I would walk 2 min/run 1 min. I'm feeling good, I am slowly getting better. I didn't look at the time till there was only 10 seconds left of running instead of thirty, so some slow progress. Oh, I did walk/run 1.47 miles. Woop! 

I'd like to say I'm seeing small changes on my body. I think my stomach is a little flatter, but I might just be sitting up straighter. Who knows. I might take weekly photos and post them. Still debating. Like I said before, I'm more focused on feeling better about my body image than a number on the scale. So far I've liked walk/running more than I thought. Yay for exercise. 

No comments: