Wednesday, June 13, 2012

100th post and a baby shower!

This is my 100th post! I should write 100 neat things about me...Just kidding! How boring. Let's talk about the shower for my sister in law (Lauren), that I was able to throw with my other sister in laws, and mother in law. 

Lauren is having a girl, and we are just so excited for her! The shower was this last Saturday, and it was really chill. We ate food with family, and played two games. The guess how long of a string goes around her belly, and the memory candy bar game. I got a really cute necklace/earrings for the prize of the string game, which our Aunt Holly got (she was just cm away from Lauren's size!). Then the candy bar memory game is awesome, we played it at one of the showers for me, and I've played it at a few others and it never gets old. Basically you have a poster board with lots of numbers, you pick two and if they match you get a candy bar that goes along with that word. So 'conception' would be Skor, or 'preemie' was Runts, my favorite, that I found was 'pregnancy' - airhead, definitely true! 

Anyway, Lauren got a TON of cute clothes and gifts, and I was so excited to present her with the quilt I had made. Also as a last minute we found some BYU onesies, so that was considered the gift from Brandon. 

Cute outfit from her sister in law Michelle (Jake's sister).
 Cute outfit from Hilary our sister in law.
 I can't remember who gave her this cute outfit, but the ruffles are the best!
 This is when she started to open our gift and saw the onesies!



 I love how animated and beautiful Lauren is! Her daughter is going to be just the same!
 First sight of the quilt.
 Did you really make this?


 She loved it! Which is good, because I had a blast making it for her!

 At the end of the shower we took a picture of all the beautiful ladies in our family!
(Left to right: {top row} Emmee, Mom (Jean), Chelsey, Me, Hilary, {bottom row} Aubrey, Lauren and Meagan)

I'm so blessed to be part of this BIG beautiful family! It's growing so fast, and becoming more fun!

No comments: