Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blog vs Hand Written Journal

As most of you know I am not the best blogger. I tend to not like to write about the hard times, and then I feel like I don't have enough time during the good times. I'm trying to be better.

What are your thoughts on blogging vs hand written journals?

I don't mind blogging. I like being able to tell fun stories about our family. I love reading others blogs that I'm not the best at keeping in touch with. {P.S. People need to write more! I love reading blogs}. There are somethings in my life that I feel are to personal to put up on a blog. Maybe I'm worried about others judging me, which I'm sure could be a possibility, or maybe I feel they are too personal at this time.

Either way, a few weeks ago I've felt impressed to start writing in my journal for my children, and as a family history to them. Have I done it yet...YES! Just this morning, so...I'm working on it! It was definitely weird, I woke up early {which hasn't happened since Brandon was working}, and I felt this biggest urge to just write down what is going on in our family. Lets just say, I tried to push it off for a bit, however I wasn't able to fall back asleep.

Starting this journal entry was different. Instead of just trying to back track, and catch everyone up to speed, I started out the journal to Connor. For some reason as I was writing, it was so much easier to write to him, then to just come up with what was happening with our life. Even though I can't have these conversations with him now, I feel like I was writing it down, so he could know about it later. I finally felt like this journal finally had a purpose. It's for Connor, and eventually his future siblings. It was a neat experience, I hope I can continue.

On a completely different note, Brandon received a job offer. We're excited, that things are finally starting to move forward, however he asked if he could have a few days to think it over. We both feel that he will have another offer or two by the end of the week, so we'll have to make some pretty big decisions soon. We're both excited, and happy. I'm so proud of Brandon, he is so amazing and he deserves the best! Lets just hope we can get it!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I have been feeling the same way and just started my journaling back up yesterday! I came across a journal Jared’s grandma had kept and it was incredible to read so, it inspired me to start keeping record. :) I am happy to hear about Brandon’s offers. Good luck with making a decision!

p.s. It was nice going on a walk the other day! :)

Unknown said...

I keep both. Like you said, my blog is mostly to keep up with family in friends in Utah; a journal is something I can make more personal. I think it's really cool that you are making your journal to Connor. I'm sure he will love that someday. & congratulations on the job offer!

Janeal said...

Hooray for a job offer! That's awesome. Fingers crossed for you guys.

I have a journal that I rare write in anymore. I would just rather type, since it's so much faster, and no one can read my handwriting anyway.

Writing a journal to your kid is the best idea! I tried doing that when I was pregnant and it didn't last, but now I'm writing "letters" to Rowan in a journal.