Thursday, June 21, 2012

Adventure is out there!

Our little Holyoak family will be starting a new adventure come July. Brandon has accepted a job offer in Logan, UT! I couldn't be more proud and happy for him. He has relentlessly worked his tail off to find a job, and I know that he will not only be great, but that he will really love it as well! Congratulations sweetheart!

I'll be completely honest, this has been a bittersweet decision for the both of us. We love our family that is close, our neighbors and friends, but we have been praying long and hard and know that this is what we are supposed to be doing at this time.

One of the benefits is that I do not have to work away from home anymore! My last day at MATC is next Thursday, June 28th! I will still keep my at home position, but I will not have to worry about day care anymore for my little man! I have learned so much being a working Mom and I have sooo much respect for Mothers that have to work, it is by far one of the hardest things to leave my son every morning. I am excited to be a stay at home Mom!

Today Brandon and Connor are headed up to Logan to search for a home for us! We will just be renting for the next few years, because we've decided we will not buy another house until Brandon has his degree. We have a few options, and I'm sad I can't look with him.

We are excited, scared, nervous, anxious, and happy! It'll be fun to live so close to Brandon's family and build those relationships more. Thank you all for your love, support, and many prayers said. I know we have felt them in our lives and I am just so grateful that we have the best family and friends that have been there for us!

4 comments:

Janeal said...

Hooray! I'm sad you're moving even farther away but I'm so glad Brandon found a good job? Are you going to sell your house? Is Brandon going to transfer to USU? Congratulations!!

Jenn said...

Congrats guys!

Ashlee said...

I am SO happy for all of you! I'm thrilled that you get to stay home now and ecstatic that Brandon has found a good job! I love Logan (not the canyon though...) and I'm slightly jealous that you'll be living there :)

Jen said...

good luck in your new adventure! I'll keep following your blog so I can see how things go for you in Logan. :) You guys are awesome and deserve such happiness!