Thursday, May 16, 2013

36 Weeks

So today I have my 36 week appointment and I'm actually kind of nervous. 

First we had a scare three weeks ago. We were at a family event in Sandy and basically we thought my water broke. My concerns were that a) I had just gone to the bathroom so my bladder was empty five minutes prior, b) my jean capris were soaked through in the crotch area, c) I was induced with Connor so how was I supposed to know! Long story short, we made our way home and to the hospital, I got all checked in and they ran a bunch of lovely tests that thankfully came back negative. 

Second they check me today. For me it's kind of bitter sweet because I'm starting to get big, uncomfortable and slow. I want to be progressing, I want baby to come, but I also need him to stay put until after school orientation on June 4th. 

So basically I want him to come now, but I don't. Welcome to the mind of a pregnant woman! 

Now you may have noticed that we have been calling this munchkin "baby." Well I'll be honest, it's because we haven't come up with a name...or maybe I should say we haven't decided on one. We've had a list we've slowly been narrowing down. It was down to three names and just the other day we brought it down to two. It's been so hard for me to not call him by a name, but I just haven't had any impressions like I did with Connor...Plus, his 3D ultrasound picture looks like Connor...So now it's just a waiting game for when we see him. Which hasn't been fun for an impatient planner. 

So those are my nervous thoughts going through my head before our dr appointment this morning. My next big task is to get my hospital bag packed and newborn clothes washed. This has just flown by!

No comments: