Monday, May 20, 2013

Dr Appointment Update

So here's the dealio...

Last Thursday I had my 36 week dr appointment and things started off great. Heart beat is great, baby boy is active. When she went to check the measurement of baby I knew something wasn't right. She measured, looked at the number, then the computer then measured again. Apparently baby is measuring a little small (at 34 weeks instead of 36) which could be potentially a few things. A) Baby dropped and he's kind of hidden so it's harder to measure. B) Baby has stopped growth, and will need to be taken out at 37 weeks because he'll have a better chance at growing outside (basically the placenta isn't working anymore). C) Fluid levels have been going down. 

So this Wednesday will be a big day. We have an ultrasound to find out how baby is truly doing. If his growth rate is 11% or higher they will leave him be. If he is 10% or lower we will be having a baby this week. I'm feeling almost selfish because this week is our anniversary and I don't want to share that day, but in the end we need to do what's best for him. 

Granted since my dr checked me I have been having consistent fiery back pain and contractions lasting two minutes every two minutes apart at night. So who knows! Maybe he'll just come early. I'm just hoping he's healthy and developing as he should. 

So lets hope and pray that Wednesday comes fast! 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I hope everything goes well!