Tuesday, May 28, 2013

5 years!

This past Friday was our five year anniversary! We have been so blessed and so can't believe how fast those years flew by. I love having adventures with my best friend. :)

So last year we had originally been planning on a big trip to Disneyland. However since I'm 37+ weeks pregnant that plan sort of fell through. All last week we both felt guilty because we didn't have any plans. (It's hard to plan when you could potentially go into labor any moment). 

To make a long story short I had the impression to check out Anniversary Inn and see if they had any deals. Well come to find out any room still available during the 24-26 we're only $129! What a steal! So I checked the rooms and they actually had the room that Brandon and I stayed in during our honeymoon available (Thanks Jenn and Lance!). So I let Brandon know and he said he'd call and look into it. 

For those of you who don't know I'm a huge planner. I wish I could be fun and spontaneous, but it kind of gives me anxiety to spend a lot of money like that without truly thinking about it. However, this was our anniversary...five years! How can we not celebrate it? 

So Brandon called me about fifteen minutes later telling me to pack a bag and one for Connor :) While I was packing he ended up coming home early from work to surprise me. 

We had a great night. We ate at a restaurant cal The Elements and sat on the patio. It was so serene with a little stream going by, the food was delish and we got a free dessert thanks to Brandon mentioning it was our anniversary! Then we went to check in and that's when Brandon surprised me again when a masseuse came in to give me a prenatal massage! Heaven sent. After that we enjoyed the ginormous tub that actually fits me and talked. I love just talking with my sweetheart. :) 


Brandon also surprised me with a movie package where we got soda's, candy, and popcorn AND he got us bathrobes and anniversary inn champagne glasses. Look at my sneaky saver. 

The next morning we lounged which was heaven. Another bath, a morning nap. HEAVEN! After we got ready we went on a walk around downtown Logan and got lunch at the Center Street Grill, yum! 


It was the perfect little getaway! 

No comments: